Friday, September 9

Out With the Old, In With the New


Good news, Google recently upgraded Google Sites (they've cleverly named it, New Google Sites). I've been playing around with it and it is much easier to use than the original version.
From a visual perspective, it has a more "modern look" and it automatically adapts to tablet and smartphone screen sizes. On the negative side, some of the customization that was possible in the original version, is not available in the new version. As far as I know, the original version is not going away so don't feel as though you will have to convert over to the new version.

I've created my "new site" so that we could have a comparison of the two versions. Unfortunately, there is not an option available to easily convert from old to new so I had to basically "copy and paste" my content over. I have a really small site (3 pages) so it was not a difficult process for me to undertake. 

Here are the links to my sites for comparison purposes:

     New Version         Original (old) Version


The following Teacher's Tech video is the one that I viewed prior to building my new site - it's very straightforward and easy to follow. 


Please let me know if you'd like any assistance in developing a "new Google Site" for yourself and/or your students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment